Magazines and newsletters - email and print
Newsletters are a powerful way to regularly connect with the people who matter to you, whether they are your members, customers or service users. Sometimes, a printed magazine is the best method of communication but, more often, email newsletters are the way to go.
Whatever the method, the key to producing a good newsletter is to understand your audience, the context in which they will come across the newsletter - and how that will affect the experience of reading it - and to make the content compelling, relevant and clear.
Often small and medium-sized charities do not have in-house expertise or the time to regularly produce a magazine or newsletter to the high standards they must achieve. This is where we can help.
- reviewing relevant strategy and policy documents, and branding documentation and materials
- clarifying the aims for the newsletter and the best means of communicating with your target audience and providing recommendations
- producing guidance for staff contributors and editors, including style guides and production schedules
- designing newsletter templates (email or print, or both)
- mailing list configuration and management
- sign up forms for your website and database integration
- reviewing past newsletters if you are revamping an existing format and making recommendations for improvements
- training staff in using templates.
Production of newsletters and magazines
We can take on the role of producing or contributing to regular newsletters for your organisation. This might include:
- editorial input
- commissioning and briefing contributors
- writing and editing
- photo and iillustration sourcing
- design and typesetting
- print management
- project management.
Jellymould has been producing copy for email newsletters and printed magazines for non-profits since 2004.
“Thank all of you, as ever, for your time and energy, your generosity and good humour. Everyone loves the magazine.”
Tess Harris, Chair